Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bleeding Love


A boy sits in the face of a familiar stranger,

Enduring verbal punches placing his mental and emotional state in danger.

Confused by the source of this hate as if the sun had somehow generated rain,

His mother spits out daggers of hate causing him great pain, she screams with great veracity,

“There will be no faggots in here,

And I knew you needed a man in your life but your sorry ass dad refused to be there.

And I told you not to play with dolls,

And I made you play football,

And I always wondered if those where really your ‘homies’ when those boys used to call.

See son I don’t think you understand,

There is no way I will ever accept my son sleeping with another man!

And if at birth I knew this is who you were adoption would have been my choice,

And now that I think about it you always did have a twang in your voice.

And you didn’t walk you pranced,

And there were no girlfriends no teenage romance.

I just can’t figure out where I went wrong,

But I should have assumed as much, the way you stood in the choir stand singing those songs.

But an end will be put to your disgusting disgrace,

But until we meet with the pastor tomorrow my suggestion is for you to get out my face.”

So the son sits alone in his room,

Seeming to be a dungeon holding sorrow and gloom.

Thinking to himself wondering if he’ll ever wake from this night mare,

As wild thoughts fill his mind the young man just blankly stares.

He pulls out a pad and he begins to write out the sentiments of his mind,

And once he has written out he thoughts he hopes it is peace that he finds.

He reaches in between his mattresses and he grabs the blade he had placed there long before

One of those times like this when he felt life wasn’t worth living anymore.

His hands tremble and shake because he’s scared,

But he musters the strength this time he will say goodbye he is prepared.

He slices into his flesh with each rip he feels more free,

Free from the pain and tears caused by the hated of humanity.

And just as life leaves his body,

He whispers, “Mother I’m sorry I’m not the man you would have had me be.”

The next morning the mother wakes to a strangely quiet house,

A house that is normally amplified with the sound of her son’s mouth.

She just assumes that he is upset about yesterday's talk,

Plans to apologize cook him breakfast and suggest a walk.

As she opens her son’s door she lets out a shriek,

There in blood drenched carpet lays her son’s body on the floor.

Next to his body lays a pad with a letter addressed to her,

“Dear mother,

I’m sorry that I couldn’t be a better source of pride in your life,

But asking me to be straight is as absurd as me asking you to take a wife.

I would hate for you at my expense to look at me with hatred in your eyes,

And if only to relieve you of that pain I’d rather a morgue be where my body will lie.

So with this I bid you my final goodbye.

Love your
son,
Today Tomorrow and Forever

3 comments:

  1. The issue faced in just about every gay man's life. It's hard to find acceptance, especially when family can be less forgiving. You just feel stuck and don't know where to move next. We've all been to that point of wanting to bow out, but it's braver to face the world head on. These obstacles only make us stronger.

    ReplyDelete