Friday, August 20, 2010

Why are you apologizing?

Have you ever noticed that we (the gays) are apologizing for simply being? Don't understand? Let me explain, you meet someone that is heterosexual and you somehow or another find yourself letting that person know that you're gay. Why do we do this? Personally I believe we do this to give the person the opportunity to either embrace us or let us know that they aren't pleased in out lifestyle. Of course we do this because we have been conditioned to believe that society, especially males, are not too comfortable with accepting our community. We typically feel more comfortable around females in that they more times than not cling to us, thrilled at the chance of gaining a personal stylist, beautician, make-up artist, interior decorator or overall hang out buddy that isn't trying push up on them in a sexual manner.

Now why do I write any of this?

Well today while speaking with my life coaches from My Life Keys,Stephanie Alva and Tavaghn Monts I was speaking on a lot of the issues that I face as a homosexual and after the conversation my thought process went along the lines of "I wonder how comfortable Tavaghn was while I was speaking..." then it hit me, as I'm learning about energies and what you put out is what you receive I noted that we assume that the person we met is judging us and all the while we're judging not letting them show us that they don't subscribe to the ignorant small minded notions of society. Basically we have to believe that we are worthy enough to be ourselves around all people without being judged.

Know that you are good enough, as you are, today! I am an amazing spirit that all walks of life enjoy being around. Be sure to check out My Life Keys at www.mylifekeys.com

3 comments:

  1. You ARE and amazing spirit! Know that I embrace your energy just as you are, and I have no expectations of you other than you be the best YOU you're able to be.

    Peace, joy, love, & blessings to and upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chadd, I am SO proud of you and all of the progress that you're making. You amaze me more and more each day. I am proud to be your Life Coach and Mentor and I am EXOCITED to watch you bloom and blossom! You are going to change the lives of millions of people... youve already started by changing mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I tell ppl about my gender & sexuality because I want it to be RECOGNIZED. Not to apologize. My sexuality is a big part of who I am & the part I play in society.

    ReplyDelete